Your IP: 22.214.171.124
Unique visitors: 66093
Total Page views: 19607
(Since February 1st,
Contact the webmaster
Credits photo: Office de Tourisme de Nice, France
Student Hotel Accommodation -- Roommate Finder
To help students identify other students who may be interested in sharing a room at the CDC 2019, a Facebook group has been created.
Note that the Roommate Finder group serves just as a tool to identify potential roommates. The conference organizers will not perform the booking/reservation nor are any financial obligations involved. The responsibility to reserve/book the rooms is with the participating students only. In short, there is no administrative or financial responsibility with the conference organizers and you will organize everything by yourself. Please make the room reservation for yourself and take care of the communication with your roommate!
For hotel information, please see the conference webpage Hotel-Local Information.
|IEEE CSS Student Travel Support Program of CDC 2019 |
The Organizing Committee of CDC 2019 is pleased to announce Student Travel Support, made available by the IEEE Control Systems Society. These funds are meant to enhance the chances of promising students to attend CDC 2019, present their papers and become more integrated into the CSS scientific community. The limited amount of funds available are not reimbursed to the student awardees, but are applied by the conference organizers to (i) conference registration and (ii) partial lodging expenses; please click here for more information.
Eligibility and Requirements
- must be an author or co-author of a paper accepted for presentation at CDC 2019,
- must register at the conference (please see further instructions below),
- must present a paper.
In order to be eligible for either program, an applicant must be a (student) member of both IEEE and CSS, at the time of the conference registration.
In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, additional criteria will be used to make a selection among the applicants. These additional criteria, in decreasing order of importance, prefer applicants who have not benefited from this scheme in the last two years, will present more than one paper at the conference, have been student members of the CSS since one, two, or more years, can demonstrate active participation in CSS. In addition, the selection committee may decide to limit awards where more than one presenter from the same institution would otherwise be offered an award to attend the same conference.
The application website opens on July 25 and closes on August 15. To apply, students must fill in the form available at http://homepages.laas.fr/lzaccari/StudentSupport/
using login: student
The filled form must be converted to PDF format, and uploaded/submitted through PaperPlaza as follows:
- Step 1: Select Submit a paper or session proposal for the CDC 2019
- Step 2: Select First Submissions: Student Travel Form (please make sure that the student who is applying for the travel support is listed as corresponding author of the application)
- Step 3: To complete the application procedure, the Student's Advisor must contact via e-mail Professor Elisa Franco, Student Activities Chair of the IEEE Control Systems Society (firstname.lastname@example.org), and provide her with the following information:
- Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student and is planning to attend and present a paper at the CDC 2019
- Short message of support of the Student's application (less than 10 lines).
Deadlines and Award Notification
In the event that questions arise or additional support beyond the established norms is awarded, original receipts will be needed for reimbursement, and details on the procedure will be distributed if needed.
- July 25: the application website opens
- August 15: the application website closes
- August 31: decision messages about travel support recipients are expected to be sent out
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register until you have received the decision letter where the details of the special registration procedure for Student Travel Awardees will be announced. Please be aware that the registration fee may not be reimbursed in case you have already registered using the standard registration procedure.
- September 10: deadline for registering and uploading the final version of the manuscript.
Purpose and eligibility criteria: see IEEE CSS webpage.
Deadline: August 15, 2019
Procedure: Nominations must be made by the student's advisor through PaperPlaza, using this nomination form. Please contact Graziano Chesi email@example.com for any further information on this award.
Key dates (2019)
Submission Site Open: January 4
Initial Paper Submissions
to L-CSS with CDC Option Due:
| |Invited Session
Workshop Proposals Due: May 2
Paper and Workshop
|Final Submission Open:||August 1|
|Registration Opens:||August 1|
|Best Student Paper|
|Best Student Paper|
|Accepted Papers Due:||September 10|
|Early Bird Closes:||October 1|
|Online Registration Closes:||December 5|
|Conference opens:||December 11|
|Conference closes:||December 13|
Click here to see the complete list of sponsors and exhibitors